The Leech is a single of the Creatures in .
This section is intended to be an precise copy of what the survivor Helena Walker, the author of the dossiers, has written. There may well be some discrepancies in between this text and the in-game creature.
It is hard to be angry with , regardless of its rather terrible nature. The creature has virtually no intelligence, and just attaches to any nearby living flesh in an try to drain that creature’s blood.
Removing Haementeria calls for precision bladework, or access to an open flame. Each of these can be almost as hazardous to the host as to the leech itself.
After Haementeria attaches to a host, it drains blood at a fast pace, and the host experiences hunger, loss of overall health, and lowered stamina. Some Haementeria are also carriers for a hazardous illness I’ve dubbed “Swamp Fever,” which persists beyond the leech’s personal lifespan. Couple of creatures on the Island are transmitters for this illness, and it can in the end be cured with a uncommon medicine.
Whilst Haementeria is not intelligent adequate to be tamed, it is usually valuable to retain a couple of about for antidotes and fishing lures. When processed correctly, Haementeria venom can be produced into a potent antivenom!
Leeches lurk in the water, waiting for tames or survivors to pass by whereupon they leap gleefully and attach themselves to their victim.
Diseased Leech (Variant)
The Diseased Leech is a variant of the Swamp Fever, which can be cured with Lesser Antidote. The carcass of the Diseased Leech can also be harvested for substantially much more Leech Blood than its typical variant.distinguished by its red and orange colour scheme as properly as its name in the HUD. It transmits
1 of the most revolting creatures that inhabits the island is , a leech that grows as lengthy as a man’s arm. A blood parasite, the soft-bodied creature actively seeks out hosts in the swamps it calls house, propelling itself with fluttering fins and latching on with a mouth complete of sharp rasping teeth.
In the wild, leeches are the principal vector for a debilitating illness typically identified as swamp fever.
Colour Scheme and Regions
The Leech usually spawns with the very same colour scheme and has no colour regions.
This suggests it is presently not possible to make alterations to the Leech’s colors.
* The Diseased Leech drops substantially much more Leech Blood than its typical variant.
Base Stats and Development
- These are the base speeds of the creature at one hundred% Movement Speed.
- For a comparison of the speeds of all creatures, see Base Creature Speeds.
The Leech bites the target till it can latch onto its host. Whilst leeched, each the host’s Well being and Stamina will gradually drop. If it is a Diseased Leech, Swamp Fever may well be transmitted to a Human host.
Status Impact: Stamina
Status Impact: Torpidity
The Diseased Leech has the very same values except of Well being, which is 120.
This section describes how to fight against the Leech.
- To get rid of a leech that is currently hanging on your physique you require fire, e.g. a Campfire or a Cooking Pot. Jump into the burning fire for a quick time, the leech will then disappear. Dying and removing the leech off your corpse also functions. Maintain in thoughts, having said that, that often the leech you see on your screen basically lives on your mount. Go back to your mount and take away it manually.
- If you see a leech approaching and want to kill it, a couple of lengthy ranged attacks really should do the trick. Even basic stone arrows will cease it dead in its tracks. Be conscious that it can nevertheless jump towards you from a distance bigger than you may well anticipate, so maintaining a slight distance is advised. Maintaining it at a distance with a spear or comparable weapons could function as properly, but a longer ranged weapon is much more very advised, as you are not expected to get as close and threat the leech attatching on to you.
- To take away a leech from a creature, press and hold the Use important (E by default) and pick take away leech from the menu that seems.
- There is a diseased variant of this creature (Diseased Leech). You can remedy the illness by consuming Lesser Antidote.
- Bug Repellant will make you invisible to all leeches . If you attack them, having said that, they will nevertheless be aggressive.
- Travel properly-mounted you require some thing tall adequate to retain you out of the water and huge adequate that you keep standing on its back when dismounted. This way you can take away leeches from your mount without the need of getting to expose oneself to them.
- If your mount requirements an escort in the swamps, use a flock of flyers ground-bound escorts are most likely to be leeched without the need of you noticing, and if you do notice, you will have to step totally off your mount to take away them, potentially exposing oneself to other leeches.
- Maintain your eyes peeled use your mount’s attacks to ‘plow the road’ in front of you as you navigate the swamps in the hopes of killing leeches prior to they latch on.
- If you see a leech from far adequate away, attack it with ranged weapons to kill it prior to it has a possibility to latch on after they do, it will not be attainable to harvest them even if you take away them.
- At present, all mounts are immune to Swamp Fever only humans and Dodos can catch it.
- Leeches never attack or attach themselves to tamed Beezlebufos and any other mounts native to the swamp, generating them wonderful for hunting Leeches.
- The leech does not need any really serious weapons to kill, even though killing it prior to it reaches melee variety is worthwhile attempt to finish it with ranged weapons or, failing that, hold it at a distance with spear or pike.
- Make certain to bring a pal with you, or keep out of its attack variety with a tall mount. If the leeches latch onto you, yet another player is the quickest way to take away it if it really is attached to your mount, you can take away it oneself.
- When they attach onto you, you wont regenerate stamina, and you will shed overall health gradually. Make certain to use that remaining stamina to get to a protected location rapidly.
- Leeches are usually identified in regions that include other hazardous enemies. Beware they never weaken you at a fatal moment.
- You can use campfire to take away the leech by standing on the fire.
- As it is harmless unless getting into melee variety, ranged weapons are excellent.
Leeches can be ‘tamed’ utilizing Fish Basket . Even so, as they lack the expected intelligence, they will not return after they have latched onto a person or some thing.
- Pet: Leeches can add life to your base with a pond or an aquarium
- Bait: Leeches drop leech blood when harvested this blood can be utilised to catch Coelacanths, Sabertooth Salmons and Piranhas.
- War: Due to the potential to carry illnesses a single of these can influence a dodo then the dodo could be dropped into an enemy base to infect the base with illness assisting with a raid.
For facts pertaining especially to the genuine-planet Leech, see the relevant Wikipedia report.
- Dino Dossier was revealed on 02/08/16 on Steam.
- On The Center, Leeches are much more typically identified in deep water that the player can submerge him or herself in.
- When going into particular waters even though raining a swarm of Leeches will come following you. Which will permit you to acquire huge amounts of Meat, Chitin, Leech blood and Silica Pearls.
- In spite of Lesser Antidote getting the go-to remedy for Swamp Fever, there are a couple of other approaches to remedy it. Consuming Nameless Venom will remedy you, but it will also take 50 overall health away. Transferring from any server to Scorched Earth will also remedy you.
- A maximum of six leeches can latch onto you and your dinos. The rest will bite you and your dinos to death.
- Harvesting leeches with the Megatherium will get you hundreds of chitin.
- Leech do not make Feces
- The Leech along with the Coelacanth, Piranha, Sabertooth Salmon, and Trilobite, all became tamable with the Fish Basket introduced in Aberration.
- This creature was initially proposed by /u/Coloumbia in 2015 on Reddit.com/r/playark
- Tamed leeches do not have an inventory or any way for the player to feed them.
- The Leech’s genus, , refers to a contemporary genus of leeches which contains the Amazon Giant Leech, which can develop up to 17 inches.
- Actual Leeches lay eggs, which is not the case for ARK’s Leeches
- When genuine Leeches give birth they place themselves and their eggs into cocoon.
- Actual leeches have many tiny eyespots to assistance them see.
- In contrast to most creatures, genuine leeches never have gills or lungs, rather, they breathe by absorbing oxygen by means of their skin. They can breathe on land and in water.
Numerous Leeches attacking players
A swarm of Leeches